Continue Discussion 11 replies
September 4

rkphillipsjr

The penalties for even accidentally revealing export controlled materials can be quite harsh. We had rooms that were off-limits to foreign nationals because simply having a computer running and a screen visible was a five-figure fine. And that’s even if it had nothing on it but a cat picture.

September 4

Moon

Mistakenly released info on “Stealth Tech”. come on

September 4

GeeBee

So they set aside 1 billion in profits that they obtained off of government contracts to pay the government. Is that what I hear?

1 reply
September 4 ▶ GeeBee

Bipes4ever

Not necessarily. RTX is a huge corporation, the resultant of a 2020 merger of United Technologies and Raytheon. They became RTX in 2023. While a large portion of their revenue ($68+ Billion in 2023) is from government contracts, it is not their only source of income. These things are never as simple as they appear from a news article.

1 reply
September 4

Rick_Ewart

Hmm……I guess that explains why the next generation Military planes from China and Russia look VERY similar to ours.

1 reply
September 4

jbmcnamee

If you have never been through a merger between two major companies, it is a very complicated process involving hundreds of people and thousands of documents. Both companies set up data rooms where people come and go, looking through the information to determine various things that may dictate terms or pricing information, etc. I can see how it would be possible for some sensitive information to be obtained by people who should not have access, but I am very confused as to how this data could have been sent to Russia, China and Iran, all of whom are obvious adversaries of the US. If someone allowed foreign nationals from these countries into the data exchange process, they should be in prison themselves. Being a stockholder of RTX, I will be very interested in hearing more of this story.

September 4 ▶ Bipes4ever

GeeBee

Money is fungible. Nobody is dividing between non US and US on their bottom line.

September 5

Sunflower

I have concerns about the LEAP LEBANON INNOVATION PROJECT.
I believe an employee of RTX & Previously Raytheon may have been the mastermind behind this money laundering scheme, the IEDC & Govenor(s) have concocted using the Taxpayer’s money in land purchases and now the infrastructure needed :woman_facepalming:

September 8

f4gary

Fine should be 10 times that and someone should go to jail.

September 10

RationalityKeith

I wonder what the new Boss of Boeing had to do with the errors of the RTX division he headed or the self-disclosure of them.

September 10 ▶ Rick_Ewart

RationalityKeith

They and Russians do tend to copy US design layouts.